You have just been declared as “husband and wife” – it’s time to celebrate this new status. Put a twist to your wedding music by choosing contemporary recessional songs.
When you get married inside a church or a house of worship, you might only be allowed to play Christian songs. If your wedding venue is secular, then you can get your wedding DJ to play a more modern song as you walk down that aisle as newlyweds. Your choice of song for the recessional should reflect this new stage of your life as a couple.
Picking out a recessional song may be fun. It can also be challenging. Do you choose songs about your love story? Should it be songs that you both liked when you started dating? Or would it be better to choose songs that are currently popular?
You don’t have to stress over this. Here are some top picks for contemporary recessional songs that you can use:
- “Happy Ever After In Your Eyes” by Ben Harper is one of the top recommendations. The message cannot be any clearer or more appropriate to the occasion: “For the first time my true reflection I see…happy ever after in your eyes.”
- With the just-concluded wedding ceremony, you both have declared before everyone that “I’m yours and you are mine.” Let Jason Mraz’ “I’m Yours” play on the background as you receive the well-wishes of your guests. Everyone will love the lyrics, “look into your heart and you’ll find love, love, love.”
- You don’t have to have voices in the songs to make them meaningful. Play the cover version of Bon Iver’s Holocene as performed by the Vitamin String Quartet. No vocals, just endearing music that effectively pulls at your heartstrings. Instruments are capable of considerably more emotion than you would expect.
- Every singer has something special that they put in a song. That’s what Israel Kamakawiwo’ole did for “Sea of Love.” The “Voice of Hawaii” redefined this 1959 hit with his powerful voice. Draw your guests in with this amazing Hawaiian melody played by your wedding DJ. Feel yourself singing to your spouse, “come with me to the sea… my sea of love, baby.”
- For a recessional, you can never go wrong with solemn and sincere. “The Prayer” by Andrea Bocelli and Celine Dion is one of the best choices. The lyrics of the song are congenial and uplifting. As the words are generic, you do not risk offending any sensibilities. The song goes, “Let this be our prayer… guide us with your grace.. give us faith so we’ll be safe..”. Performed by two of the most powerful singers in the world, this rich song will take your breath away.
Take the time to choose your recessional music just as you would with all the other music that you are going to use during the wedding ceremony and at the reception. Make sure that you set the right mood for every stage of your wedding celebration with music that’s meaningful to you and your fiancé.
Check out my book, “Bridal Songs: Your Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music 2nd Edition” for more song selections for every part of your big day.
Grab your copy of Bridal Songs Your Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music 2nd Edition a one of a kind wedding ceremony music resource! Find the perfect song for your wedding celebration.
You will find great wedding songs for all parts of your wedding ceremony from 11 genres of music. You can find songs easily as the songs are listed by genre, artist and song title. The book details the different parts of the American wedding ceremony.
Add Your Voice!
Is there a song you would use for Adult Contemporary Wedding Ceremony?
Love to hear it. Place any suggestions in the comments.
Want the Perfect Wedding Ceremony?
#adultcontemporaryweddingmusic, #adultcontemporaryweddingsongs, #weddingmusic, #weddingsongs, #adultcontemporaryweddingceremonysongs, #adultcontemporaryweddingceremonymusic #adultcontemporarygroomsentrance #adultcontemporaryrecessionalsongs #moderntwist #contemporaryrecessionalsongs #adultcontemporaryceremony
Want the Perfect Wedding Reception?
#weddingdj, #weddingreception, #weddings
Brought to you by;
Wedding DJ Jack ‘DJ Jacky B’ Barros
Proudly Serving the Worcester, MA area and beyond