As your guests arrive and settle down before the ceremony, you want your wedding DJ to play background music to keep them entertained and happily waiting for the entourage to march down the aisle. There are no strict rules on what music to play right before your wedding ceremony, but the songs should be appropriate to the occasion. They should reflect the couple’s personality. They should also not be played too loud that conversation is difficult.
For this week’s blog post, here are 8 of the favorite pop prelude songs for your wedding:
- You can never go wrong with a crowd-pleaser such as “Just the Way You Are.” Many of Bruno Mars’ songs are must-have in any wedding playlist. This is one of his most romantic hits. Play this charming and upbeat song and you will have your guests smiling the whole time. Let them imagine you telling your sweetheart, “you’re amazing.. just the way you are!”
- “A Thousand Years” by Christina Perri is a touching song. The singer elaborates on her love for her spouse: “I have loved you for a thousand years”. She declares, “I’ll love you for a thousand more”. The exaggeration of the commitment of time serves as proof of passion. It’s a great background music while guests are waiting for you to make an appearance.
- There is no greater hit that will make your guests dance a bit than “I Do (Cherish You)” by 98 Degrees. Just imagine: “I do cherish you, for the rest of my life, you don’t have to think twice” playing on the background. The music and lyrics are enough to spark a sense of excitement at the vow of forever.
- The opening lyrics “Your hand fits mine like it’s made just for me” is catchy. The song “Little Things” by One Direction is another hit single that is perfect for a pop prelude to your wedding. It talks about all the little things that add up and makes you love your significant other.
- Looking for a song about the happiness that true love brings? Choose “Everything” by Michael Bubble. Playing this song on the background will inspire your guests about the real love that makes life worthwhile. It’s a smooth song—with an acoustic guitar and a piano carrying the main melody. The lyrics ”in this crazy life… these crazy times.. you make me sing… you’re everything” will move everyone.
- Kelly Clarkson belts out “Some people wait a lifetime for a moment like this..” in this stirring song. “Moment Like This” is a perfect choice of music to show your guests how thankful you are that you have found your forever mate. Listening to this song played by your wedding DJ while waiting for the wedding party to enter will make them dream of their own special moment.
- Jason Derulo’s “Marry Me” starts off with the number of years that the singer wants to be with the one he loves. It is a lovely song as it declares “the more I look, the more reasons I find why you’re the love of my life.” What a sweet pronouncement of love and commitment, thinking about the future. It’s a great song to kick off your ceremony.
- “This I Promise You” by N’Sync can be considered old but gold. Released back in 2000, the hit song is an ideal wedding prelude as it is an upbeat yet sweet song. “I’ll be your strength… give you hope.. keeping your faith when it is gone..” are endearing lyrics. Your guests will feel that this is the beginning of your promise to love “til the day your life is through.”
You can see more pop hits like these to use as your prelude music in my book, “Bridal Songs: Your Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music 2nd Edition.”
Grab your copy of Bridal Songs Your Guide to Wedding Ceremony Music 2nd Edition a one of a kind wedding ceremony music resource! Find the perfect song for your wedding celebration.
You will find great wedding songs for all parts of your wedding ceremony from 11 genres of music. You can find songs easily as the songs are listed by genre, artist and song title. The book details the different parts of the American wedding ceremony.
Add Your Voice!
Is there a song you would use for Pop Prelude Songs?
Love to hear it. Place any suggestions in the comments.
Want the Perfect Wedding Ceremony?
#popweddingmusic, #popweddingsongs, #weddingmusic, #weddingsongs, #popweddingceremonysongs, #popweddingceremonymusic #poppreludesong #poppreludemusic #popprelude #bigday
Want the Perfect Wedding Reception?
#weddingdj, #weddingreception, #weddings
Brought to you by;
Wedding DJ Jack ‘DJ Jacky B’ Barros
Proudly Serving the Worcester, MA area and beyond